Arts Council Engagement Society
The Arts Council invites community members who would like to engage more with the arts and culture of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County to become members of the Arts Council Engagement Society (ACES). ACES is for people of all ages who are interested in learning and sharing more about our arts community, becoming advocates for the arts, volunteering their unique skills to arts and cultural organizations, and becoming a participating member of the arts community through direct engagement and community conversations that are curated through the Arts Council. There is no fee/donation requirement to become a member of ACES or to attend ACES events; the focus is engagement.
ACES Community Conversations
Every quarter, the Arts Council engagement Society hosts community conversations that discuss topics that affect or affected by the arts community. These conversations are open to the public, and allows members of the community to learn about different arts opportunities, give their input to help shape the future of the arts and culture in the community.
Previous topics have included Building on the Vision of the Arts Council and The Arts and Education. The next ACES Community Conversation will be March 1, 2016 and will discuss the Community Enrichment Mini-Grants.
ACES Membership Meetings:
Meetings for Arts Council Engagement Society members will be held each quarter, so that you can learn more about the Arts Council’s mission, member groups, grant projects, volunteer opportunities and more.
The Arts Council is looking for ACES Members to share some or all of the following qualities:
- Passionate about the arts and culture
- Be supportive of the Arts Council and its Member Organizations
- Engages in the community as a volunteer
- Able to commit some time to attend events and meetings
- Possess a unique skill set that would benefit the Arts Council and its Member Organizations
- Willingness to share ideas with others
ACES Members choose how they would like to be engaged based on their individual interests and/or skills:
- Be an advocate for the Arts Council and its Member Organizations
- Share Arts Council Events and Information on Social Media ( Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and in social situations
- Promote, encourage, and enable attendance to arts and cultural events in our community
- Attend Member Organizations events at a discount/no charge by providing performance feedback/ survey participation
- Recommend the Arts Council e-mail list
- Suggest new target audiences for Member Organizations
- Promote and support businesses who sponsor arts events
- Provide feedback on marketing and campaign plans
- Serve on Arts Council Committees
- Serve on Arts Council Grant Review Panels
- Suggest an employee-giving campaign in your workplace
- Conduct arts and cultural tours and/or presentations
- Participate focus groups to help the Arts Council accomplish its mission
- Participate in ACES Community Conversations
- Distribute flyers and other promotional materials for Member Groups within your workplace
- Research and develop new distribution/awareness outlets
- Identify new ACES Members
Benefits of becoming a Member of the Arts Council Engagement Society
- The chance to be part of and make a difference in the cultural community of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County
- Deeper engagement with the arts and culture of our community
- Being “in the know” of a wide variety arts and cultural events and opportunities
- Attend special events hosted by The Arts Council and Member Organizations
- Create new social and networking opportunities
- The opportunity to make new business connections
For more information about ACES, please contact Susan Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (336) 747-1418.